What is Rolfing® Structural Integration?
Rolfing® is a powerful system of health care centering in the connective tissues.
The Rolfer® uncovers the causes of misalignments and removes "stuckness" between layers of fascia. Structural Integration goes beyond symptom relief to promote long term health.
Among systems of bodywork, Rolfing has three distinguishing features:
- It works primarily on the connective tissue, rather than the skin, muscle or bones.
- It does not aim at alleviating symptoms, rather at achieving integration so that symptoms do not arise.
- It incorporates the Rolfing Movement Training® as an integral part of it's modality.
What are the benefits?
- Relief of chronic discomforts
- Increased freedom of muscles and joints
- Enhanced flexibility and range of movement
- Improves posture by aligning the body with gravity
- Higher energy and a greater sense of well-being
What are sessions like?
Sensations range from pleasurable warmth to momentary discomfort. How you will feel will depend on the condition and history of your body, but many report feeling lighter and better balanced after only a few sessions.
A complete ten-session series of Rolfing will provide years of increased mobility, relaxation and pleasure in the body.
John Panter, Certified Rolfer®